Sunday, May 31, 2020

In Five Years by Rebecca Serle

I remember the first time I was asked this question in a job interview: where do you see yourself in five years? I didn't really have a five year plan, never have. I had more of a lifetime plan in a general sense. In Five Years by Rebecca Serle, Dannie has a five-year plan nailed down to the final details. What she couldn't plan for is that life doesn't always go the way you expect it to.
In Five Years
This turns out to be a love story, but not in the way I expected. When I saw the Romance genre sticker on the spine, I was disappointed because I'm not particulary a Romance reader.  However, I wasn't the least disappointed with the book.

Those of us who have lifelong girlfriends (that sounds like the wrong word, but it is the right one) are very, very lucky. Those who don't have a good girlfriend are sorely missing something in their lives.

This is my first encounter with Rebecca Serle but I do think I will check out her other adult novel, The Dinner List.

No comments:

Blog Archive