Friday, May 29, 2020

Lost You by Haylen Beck

A psychological thriller about a woman desperate to have a child but can't and a woman who is Lost You by Haylen Beck is a psychological thriller about a woman desperate to have a child but can't and a woman who is interested in being a surrogate...until she's not.

42927039

Being a mother myself, I could not put this book down until I finished it. Libby and Ethan are taking a vacation after Libby just sold her first novel. A single mother after she and her husband split, Libby is constantly on edge, looking over her shoulder, panicking 24/7 about Ethan and his whereabouts.

There is a mystery about Ethan’s birth, and Libby has never revealed it to anyone.

The worst happens when Ethan wanders into an elevator before Libby can catch up with him. In heart-stopping panic after the doors open and Ethan is not there, Libby is frantic. Many grueling hours later, Ethan is seen with a woman who is confronted by police. Who is she? She says she is Ethan’s mother.

The suspense of this novel has made me a Haylen Beck fan, and I am in the process of reading everything he has written. Beck, the pseudonym for the Edgar Award-nominated author Stuart Neville, has written a psychological suspense that I could not put down. I have to plan to read his work in one setting.

I highly recommend this book to those who like psychological thrillers that twist, turn, and shock so that you cannot put them down until you finish even if it is 3 o’clock in the morning and you have to get up at 6 a.m. to go to work.

No comments:

Blog Archive