Friday, May 8, 2020

The Wife Stalker by Liv Constantine


Oh, these clever, clever sisters who use the pen name of Liv Constantine in their latest psychological thriller The Wife Stalker! I fell for it! They sucked me in. Now I have to go back and reread this entire book to just see how they manipulated me. Like my reaction to Gone Girl (Gillian Flynn), I never saw the twist coming. This one will get the full 5 stars from me, which is not something I award often.
52219451
When lawyer Leo Drakos meets Piper Reynard, instant chemistry occurs. But what about Joanna who has been by Leo’s side for years and loves the children Evie and Stelli immensely? Not only does he cast Joanna aside for the gorgeous younger woman he has FALLEN for in just a matter of weeks, he eventually arranges things legally so Joanna can never see the children again.

It turns out that Piper seems to be just the thing to bring Leo out of a severe depression that has nearly DROWNED him. While Evie is a sweet, accepting little girl who warms up to Piper, Stelli is fighting her all the way, instead wanting his Mommy. Neither child wants their father to remarry.
When Joanna learns that not only one of Piper’s previous husbands died while married to her but her second husband and her stepdaughter died on her watch as well, Joanna goes all out to expose Piper for the murderer Joanna is convinced she is.

Plan to read this in one sitting as you will not be able to put it down until you find out what happens to Leo, Evie, and Stelli.

Sisters and best-selling authors Lynne Constantine and Valerie Constantine spend hours plotting their novels using Facebook and email as they live three states apart. This is the second book I’ve enjoyed by them, and I just put their 2019 title on hold at the library.

No comments:

Blog Archive