Saturday, July 11, 2020

The Other Mrs. by Mary Kubica

When I read a Mary Kubica thriller, I must have the whole day ahead to read because I will not stop until I finish. Once again in her latest, The Other Mrs, Kubica has produced a real page turner of suspense. Just when I thought I had figured it out, I was SO WRONG! Never saw the twist coming. No wonder I couldn’t figure it out!

The Other Mrs. by Mary Kubica

Sadie has been through the wringer with a troubled son, a cheating husband, and a nervous breakdown on her high stress emergency room doc job in Chicago. When her husband Will inherits a home in Maine along with guardianship of an underage niece, he thinks it could be their “fresh start.” Sadie does not feel as enthused, and the niece Imogen is just another burden added to Sadie’s growing list.

When a murder occurs in their new neighborhood, Sadie is ready to leave, especially after being accused by the neighbors of having had an altercation with the dead neighbor…who Sadie has never even met having plunged back to work in an overly busy doctor’s office while womanizer Will is working part-time while also being a house-husband. It seems all the problems from Chicago have followed the family – including Will’s mistress Camille -- and are now multiplying.

Mary Kubica is a talented storyteller. A one-time high school history teacher, she lives outside of Chicago with her family. This is her fifth psychological thriller, and I have enjoyed them all.



No comments:

Blog Archive