Sunday, January 10, 2021

The Sweet Taste of Muscadines by Pamela Terry

 Nothing I read about The Sweet Taste of Muscadines by Pamela Terry prepared me for one of its main topics: homosexuality. Dare say, if I had known that was a primary subject, I would have not requested the book as that is not a topic of interest to me.



That said, the story is about three children whose mother has just died. The reader is led to believe their father died long ago while in the service. The death of the mother and her wake starts the ball rolling in learning that what they had been told about their father was not reality.

In Part Two, the pace really slows down as two of the children, Lila and Henry, visit Scotland to find out their truth.

In the end, this book was not like anything I expected, and I did not enjoy it.

This is Pamela Terry’s debut novel. She lives in Smyrna, Georgia, with her songwriter husband, where she is working on her second novel.

My review will be posted on Goodreads starting January 10, 2021.

I would like to thank Ballantine Books and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC in return for an objective opinion.

No comments: